Access Statement for The Strand Lodge Blackpool
IntroductionThe Strand Lodge welcomes people with disabilities there is currently no lift installed however installation of one is planned for Spring 2014. We have developed this access statement to inform guests of some common issues that you may face whilst staying away from home.
Pre-Arrival• You can contact us by telephone, email and online to check availability.
• All staff are aware of how to deal with enquiries via type talk.
• All enquiries will be dealt with efficiently and brochure requests posted the same day.
• Lodge information can be sent in large print.
• On receipt of booking conformation, invoice and terms and conditions are sent along with a brochure detailing directions to the hotel.
• Further directions can be sent for guests arriving from the train station, airport, via public transport or on foot.
• We would be happy to arrange hire of any accessibility aids required.
• If you require transfers via accessible taxi service from the train/coach station or the airport please advise.
• Guide dogs are welcome.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities• We are situated on Wilton Parade.
• Limited car parking is available to the rear of the logde.
• 1 designated disabled space, this is subject to availability it is advisable to book in advance.
• Unlimited, free on street car parking is available to either side of the hotel.
• Vehicles are permitted to park on the road directly outside the front entrance whilst loading/offloading.
• Entrance is via a staircase of 8 low rise steps to the front of the lodge.
• Doors are locked for security whenever reception is closed.
• Doors can be accessed via your room key or by pressing the door bell to summon a staff member.
• Reception is directly situated at the entrance to the lodge.
• There is seating available.
• If reception is unmanned a member of the reception team can be summoned by ringing the accessible bell in reception.
• High reception desk so alternative accessible area is available if necessary for check in.
• No induction loop system at present.
• All guests are given relevant information on the lodge and shown to their bedroom.
• Assistance with luggage is available.
• There is a lift to all floors.
• All public areas are well lit.
• There are 4 flights of stairs throughout the lodge.
• Landings and corridors are carpeted.
• There are 2 bar lounges.
• A dining room.
• Magazines and books are available for guest use throughout stay.
• Games room consisting of pool table, and gaming machines.
• There is a fully disabled accessible toilet on the ground floor.
• Gents and Ladies Facilities are also available on the ground floor in reception.
• Our dining room is situated on the ground floor.
• Waiter/waitress service is available.
• Menus available in large print if required of staff to assist.
• Special dietary requirements catered for with advance notification.
• We have 1 bar lounge and a sun lounge.
• Our entertainment lounge is on the ground floor.
• A Laundry service is available.
• 24hrs turnaround is needed from collection.
• There is a charge for this service.
• A selection of overnight hospitality products are available from reception.
• Postcards, stamps and posting service.
• We can provide conference facilities with hire of media systems and refreshments.
• Functions and special occasions can be catered for,
• There are 22 rooms all are accessed by stairs.
• We have a selection of kingsize, double, twin, single and family rooms.
• All bedrooms have digital freeview televisions with remote control and teletext.
• All rooms are en-suite, non slip bath mats are available on request.
• All bathrooms have non slip flooring.
• Staff available to assist whenever possible if and when required - please ask.
• Guide dogs are welcome.
• General information can be made available if necessary.
• Audible fires alarm only 'Please contact reception staff' if specific emergency evacuation arrangements are required.
The Strand Lodge
5-6 Wilton Parade
Telephone: (01253) 625147
Emergency number: (01253) 625147
Dial 200 from your room telephone
Local equipment hire companies: We can arrange hire of wheelchairs or any accessibility aids.
Local public transport numbers: Blackpool Transport (bus and tram)
General Enquiries (01253) 473000
Ticket Enquiries (01253) 473001
Local accessible taxi numbers: Radio Cabs
We plan to install a lift to all floors and a accessibility ramp to the front of the lodge.